вторник, 21 октября 2014 г.

Music view: "KILL" by Electric Six - the oddest album

Over the certain amount of posts you will notice one obvious thing, so I'm gonna just give it out now: I FCKNG LOVE Electric Six. Since the moment I heard their most famous song "Gay bar" I instantly was hooked and couldn't let go by this day. Hell, I'm not even sure that I will ever let go this obsession. I adore the most of the songs and every album (yeah, "Heartbeats and Brainwaves", even you), as any of them has its own character and personality. And all of them are very joyful and dancing, except for one...

You see, after their début with simple but catchy "Fire" Electric Six started adding more lyrical songs, but still every album has a handful of exciting tracks. And the "KILL" stands out of this rule as actually very dark and depressive. Even if you try hard there would be maximum 3 "party" songs, and the others are just rock tunes with heavy lyrics and grim synthesizer. But is the album getting worse this way?

You may be surprised, but I found  "Fire" and "KILL" very similar in some aspects. For example, one was named so because the word "fire" was used a lot in songs from the album, and so was the other. They give you mood appropriate to its name, and songs from each album are written in similar tone on both of them. "KILL" just opens another point of view for Valentine and his crew's creative genius, but this side is not bad. And, like "Fire", it's a great creation of Electric Six.

I strongly recommend it as a reminder, that everything isn't all fun and games, and so is my favourite band.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий